In this section:
- 3G Pitch At Hamworthy
- The Ship Inn & The East Bar, Swanage
- Dorset Innovation Park Supplies
- AFC Bournemouth, Gabion Baskets
- West Quay 2 Boulders
- Gabion Stone to Poole Railway
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital Helipad Reconstruction
- Dorset Wildlife Trust – Greengage Project
- Stone Supplied To Film Set, Kimmeridge, Dorset
- National Trust Track Repairs
- Cobnor Point Habitat Regeneration, Chichester Harbour
- Ocean Academy School Groundworks
- Poole Park Peace Garden
Dorset Wildlife Trust – Greengage Project
Customer – Dorset Wildlife Trust
Material – 20t Crushed Limestone
A charity gardening project in Swanage received a helping hand from Suttles in the form of a donation of 20 tonnes of crushed limestone.
The garden, at Prospect Crescent, offers therapeutic horticulture sessions for a range of people including those recovering from mental health issues, long-term unemployed, and people living with dementia.
Aimed at promoting health and wellbeing in individuals, the community ecotherapy facility needed the crushed limestone to level out the surface in a greenhouse.
Katie Wilkinson, from the Dorset Wildlife Trust, said: “In order for people involved in this project to work here safely, it was really important to get floor of the greenhouse even and safe, so it’s going to make this space so much more functional and useful. It’s going to be packed down, nice and flat, and will allow for all sorts of raised beds and standing gardens to be established.”
Katie added: “This donation from Suttles is going to be a big help for us. It means that those funds can be spent on adapted tools and other things, it’s really great.”
For more information visit www.dorsetwildlifetrust.org.uk/greengage_project.html