In this section:
- Bindon Mill Hydro-Turbine, Wool
- Botley landslip repair scheme
- Bournemouth Beach Groynes
- Colnebrook, Scour Protection
- Emergency Sea Wall Stabilisation, Dover
- HALFWAY BRIDGE SCOURS
- Hambledon gabion retaining wall for a new drainage outlet
- Hamble Embankment
- Lilliput Road Retaining Wall for Property Development
- Long Curtain Moat
- Pirbright embankment stabilisation
- Poole Town Quay (Phase 2)
- Romsey Road Bridge Replacement (M27)
- Wrecclesham Landslip Repairs
Romsey Road Bridge Replacement (M27)
Client – Osborne
Value – £2,700,000
Duration – 46 weeks
Type – Earthworks & civils and bored piling
This scheme has involved replacement of the existing reinforced concrete bridge, over the M27 at Rownhams, in Hampshire. Suttle Projects’ involvement, as second-tier supplier to Osborne’s Highways Division included the following elements:
- Enabling works to create a security point, a metaled site access extending to 200m.
- Construction of a site compound with associated drainage for a large two-storey modular project office.
- Construction of a launch area and haul route for a new bridge deck to be installed by high load capacity transporter, including reinforced concrete ramp slabs off the existing hard shoulder.
- Sheet piling to facilitate part of the temporary access road construction.
- Installation of piling for the new bridge structure, including 900mm diameter cased bored bearing piles.
- Anchor installation and reinforced earth banks, for soil retention around the piling platform and new abutments.
These works were thus let in two parts: earthworks & civils, and piling. The piling was completed with a bored piling variant Casagrande B125 rig.