In this section:
- 3G Pitch At Hamworthy
- The Ship Inn & The East Bar, Swanage
- Dorset Innovation Park Supplies
- AFC Bournemouth, Gabion Baskets
- West Quay 2 Boulders
- Gabion Stone to Poole Railway
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital Helipad Reconstruction
- Dorset Wildlife Trust – Greengage Project
- Stone Supplied To Film Set, Kimmeridge, Dorset
- National Trust Track Repairs
- Cobnor Point Habitat Regeneration, Chichester Harbour
- Ocean Academy School Groundworks
- Poole Park Peace Garden
3G Pitch At Hamworthy
Customer – Charles Lawrence Surfaces
Contract – 3G Pitch At Hamworthy
Material – 4000t aggregate
Project duration – 5 weeks
When – June 2016
Suttle Stone Quarries supplied 4,000 tonnes of aggregate to help construct a state-of-the-art, flagship football pitch in Dorset.
The contract was completed on behalf of Charles Lawrence Surfaces at The Dorset County FA in Hamworthy.
The job required open graded sub-base to be installed under the pitch, which was added later, to aid with drainage.
The material specification has a reduced number of fines, meaning it acts as a permeable sub-base ensuring water passes through rather than sitting on top.
An artificial pitch was then fitted on top of it, and has been filled with rubber crumb, providing a satisfyingly bouncy surface. Suttles also supplied other materials and removed soil from the site.
As well as being the Dorset County FA’s ground, which they will use for coaches, referees, officials and players to take part in development programs, it is being subleased by Hamworthy United, and will also be used for local community events.
“Suttles surpassed expectations and delivered quality work on time, and I was very happy with their performance.”
– Andrew Heath, Charles Lawrence Surfaces