In this section:
- River Hamble Seawall Refurbishment
- Bindon Mill Hydro-Turbine, Wool
- Botley landslip repair scheme
- Bournemouth Beach Groynes
- Colnebrook, Scour Protection
- Emergency Sea Wall Stabilisation, Dover
- HALFWAY BRIDGE SCOURS
- Hambledon gabion retaining wall for a new drainage outlet
- Hamble Embankment
- Lilliput Road Retaining Wall for Property Development
- Long Curtain Moat
- Pirbright embankment stabilisation
- Poole Town Quay (Phase 2)
- Romsey Road Bridge Replacement (M27)
- Wrecclesham Landslip Repairs
Hambledon gabion retaining wall for a new drainage outlet
Customer – Mildren Construction
Job spec – gabion retaining wall for a new drainage outlet
When – November 2016 – January 2017
Using gabion supplied by Suttle Stone Quarries, a wall was constructed off West Street, Hambledon for the purpose of channeling storm water outfall from the village.
A temporary works sheet pile wall with propping was initially constructed, using Suttles’ Doosan DX255LC with a Movax side grip vibratory hammer, so the area could be dug out to lay a reinforced concrete slab, which served as a foundation for the gabion baskets.
A two-metre high wall around 20m long was constructed from the baskets, which were made from PVC-coated and welded mesh.
Suttles was also responsible for some muck away from the job.