In this section:
- Maidment Court retirement complex, Poole
- Aston Way, Poole
- Woodlands Burial Ground, Lytchett Matravers
- Gatwick Airport Kingpost Piling for Juliet Bund
- Pegasus Life, Seaford
- Wessex Hotel
- Keleher Water Treatment Works
- Shelter Hall, Brighton Piling Installation for Seafront Revamp
- Gravel Hill Carriageway Maintenance Works
Gatwick Airport Kingpost Piling for Juliet Bund
Client – Dyer and Butler
Project duration – 8 weeks
When – Feburary 2015
Job type – Kingpost Piling
Suttle Projects’ kingpost piling expertise was called on for a taxiway widening scheme at Gatwick Airport.
Alongside the Juliet taxiway, the Juliet Bund – which suppresses the noise made by planes in the area – had to be cut back to accommodate the increased wingspan of the Airbus A380.
Projects installed a concrete wall of 69 kingposts and navigated substantial operational difficulties, including having to stop working while planes in the vicinity passed.
A Klemm 709 was used to open-bore holes for steel kingposts that were inserted into concrete with a Movax SP70. They weighed up to 1.5 tonnes each and were up to 11.5m long.
Projects also supplied and installed 420m2 of pre-cast concrete panels.