Suttle Stone Quarries
Suttles is one of the premier providers of landscape gardening & decorative aggregates supplies in Poole, Bournemouth & Dorset from our local stone quarries.
Please find some Case Studies below from some of our satisified customers.
O'Marah & Morris Construction
- Overview - O'Marah & Morris Construction carries out construction work including civil engineering and groundwork, project management and buildings for architects as well as hard and soft landscaping. Recent projects in Parley and Verwood required stone and shingle as well as a removal of excess on-site materials.
- Why O'Marah & Morris Construction chose Suttle Stone Quarries - "We know the guys at Suttle Stone Quarries and have a great relationship with them - they aways quote the right price for what we need."
- On the job - "Suttles' stone and shingle was used around drains and was also used as a base for a hard standing driveway. Surplus soil was taken away from the site and everything went smoothly, without any problems."
- Testimonial - Roger, one of the partners at O'Marah and Morris said, "We'd definitely use Suttles again. We get great service from them."
- Overview - Grahtone Developments is involved in a number of projects and these usually require the removal of surplus material as well as supply of building aggregates such as building sand, shingle, recycled type I and crushed concrete for use in constructing new buildings and driveways.
- Why Grahtone Developments chose Suttle Stone Quarries - "We heard about Suttles from one of our machine operators who had worked with Suttle Stone Quarries before. A previous supplier had let us down and Suttles stepped into the breach and "filled the hole nicely". We also like to use recycled products wherever possible. The recycled products from Suttles are better quality than their competitors."
- On the job - "For our first project together Suttles supplied recycled products and facilitated materials removal with only half a day's notice. This was an extremely short turnaround but Suttles didn't let us down despite the fact that this was the first time we'd used them. The surplus soil was removed by their trucks and the turnaround time between loads was just half an hour (whereas our previous supplier took up to two hours). Sites can be very tight space-wise these days and the drivers need to be quite skilful sometimes when delivering. We found Suttles' drivers to be excellent and very helpful."
- Testimonial - Graham, director of Grahtone Developments says, "We'd recommend Suttle Stone Quarries primarily because of the high level of service and the reasonable prices. The drivers and team are very friendly. They put themselves out for us and they make us feel important."
S R France Contractors
- Overview - Suttles worked with S R France Contractors to supply National Trust area Brownsea Island with 97 tonnes of various materials, including Cotswold shingle, ballast and building sand for pathways and a courtyard.
- Why S R France Contractors chose Suttle Stone Quarries - "We decided to use Suttles for their good service, quality and reasonably priced, superior quality materials and delivery."
- On the job - "Suttles delivered the Cotswold shingle in bags to the marina and then it was brought over by barge to Brownsea Island. Overall one hundred bags had to be transported over to the island. This could have been a logistical nightmare but everything worked out well thanks to Suttles. There were also tight timescales on when the shingle could be delivered as this couldn't be too late or too early. Everything was always there when it had to be. In addition, there was limited space at the marina so the logistics had to be spot on. Suttles did a great job!"
- Testimonial - Director, Spencer of S R France Contractors, said, "We have used Suttles for over 15 years as they offer a great service and good reliability. Suttles use locally sourced products and recycled materials as well as materials from their quarry and that is one of the main reasons that we continue to use their services. We will be continuing to do more projects with Suttles, including work on an eco industrial unit, where we will need to source local products as well as recycled materials and stone."